Raven’s Knoll and The Kaleidoscope Gathering (KG) welcomes vendors, big and small. Shopping is a highlight for many KG ( and other festivals ) visitors and we are pleased to be able to provide an area for vending, “Diagon Alley.”
Please review our Vendors’ Policy before arriving. All vendors must conform to the Vendors’ Policy.
We want vendors to be successful and we want attendees to have amazing shopping opportunities. Please recognize that we try to empower vendors as much as possible; unlike many venues, we do not charge for vending space – and vendors are given prime locations at KG. Your cooperation and patience is appreciated and will facilitate the continuation of the free vending space for vendors.
Please fill out the following form for Vendor Registration when you pre-register and pay between May and June. After that, please print it and bring it with you. Copies will be available on-site as well, but please do not forget your insurance information. It can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also check out the General Vending Rules, Insurance, Licences & Taxes, Restrictions & Limitations, ( <-Found below )and Vendors FAQ, Vending Set-Up pages
**An official receipt with our GST number can be provided by email for those who pre-registered, or on-site at registration for those paying on-site in cash. If you need one and forgot to ask, send MA a message after KG (give it a few weeks), and we will happily send you one for your business taxes and GST reimbursement.
General Vending Rules
1. There is no additional charge for vendors at during KG. Pre-KG, vending tents are subject to a separate charge pre-KG only.
2. There are not restrictions on the hours of operation, provided that you are not causing a disturbance. KG and/or Raven’s Knoll staff determine what constitutes a disturbance.
3. You may start vending as soon as you set up; you do not have to wait until KG officially starts.
4. There is a charge for electrical use. There are limited connections available. The cost is $15.00 (including HST). The cost for electricity includes your personal camping area behind your vending site, if you are able to camp there. Electricity cannot be shared with other vendors or campers.
5. There is vehicle access to the vendors’ area for setting up. However, your vehicle must be moved after set up. (If you have stock or valuables, please make alternate arrangements.) There will be no vehicles allowed in the vending areas. This includes people who want to sleep in their vehicles.
6. KG and Raven’s Knoll are not responsible for loss, damage or theft of your set up or goods.
7. Registration will be happy to provide anyone who wishes a receipt for their pre- or post-camping set up, electricity charges and KG registration, as these can be considered business expenses for business tax and HST purposes. An official receipt with our GST number can be provided by email for those who pre-registered, or on-site at registration for those paying on-site in cash. If you need one and forgot to ask, send MA a message after KG (give it a few weeks), and we will happily send you one for your business taxes and GST reimbursement.
8. To accommodate vendors’ tents, camping of non-vendors in the vending area is not permitted (vendors’ family excepted). In some circumstances, vendors may camp behind their set up, if there is sufficient room. Please consult Aniya, upon your arrival and indicate your preference on the vendor registration.
9. There is absolutely NO food or beverage vending, body piercings or tattoo vending allowed. This is for the safety of our guests.
Insurance, Licences & Taxes
1. You must have vendors’ insurance. You will need to provide the policy number and company when you complete the vending registration. You must have this insurance in place, and the required information provided before you set up.
2. Insurance must cover your goods/services, as well as any and all people who are selling for you.
3. Vendors are responsible for ensuring that any licences, regulations and standards of their trade are followed. For example, municipal licences, health care regulations, etc. must be followed, and any insurance or consent forms provided to patrons, if necessary.
4. There is no food vending, tattooing or body piercing allowed.
5. Each vendor is responsible for conforming to provincial and federal rules for collecting and remitting applicable taxes (HST, etc.).
Restrictions & Limitations
1. Vending is restricted to the vendors’ area only; vending in other areas is not permitted. If you do not have a full vending tent, you will need to position it so that it is full, share with other vendors, or reduce your space. Please be courteous to other vendors with your set-up.
2. You must bring your own tables, chairs or other elements. You cannot use the RK picnic tables, white or green chairs, tables, etc. These are reserved for the general use of all KG guests.
3. There may be restrictions on the size of your vending area. Please only take the space you need. If you are unsure of where to set up, how big a space to use, etc. talk to Aniya, or if you have an unusually large set up. (Remember: It is not the size of your set up that matters, but what you are selling.)
4. You are not permitted to sell restricted or prohibited weapons, as defined by the Criminal Code of Canada, or any other illegal goods or services.
The vending area has been designed to facilitate the flow of traffic of festival attendees, as well as to allow people to mill about and browse your goods, hang out and socialize, and allow for emergency vehicles, etc. As such, please do not set up any extra tent, structure, blanket, etc. without first consulting the Magical Carnies, or you will be asked to move or modify your set up.