1. What does the insurance need to cover?
Insurance must cover your goods/services, as well as any and all people who are selling for you.
2. Does everyone in my vending tent need to be insured?
All the vendors need to be insured. If you have friends helping you sell your wares, you have to speak to your insurance agent to ensure they are covered for your goods or services. (We are a lot of things, but we are not insurance agents!)
3. Can you make exceptions? I don’t have home-owner or tenant insurance.
Sorry, no. You must have insurance to vend at KG, as this is part of our insurance requirements If you don’t have insurance already, you can get short-term event coverage.
4. Do I need to provide a copy of my policy?
Your insurance carrier and policy number is required. Several vendors do bring it with them though, just in case.
1. I am not pre-registered. Am I guaranteed a spot?
Only pre-paid registrants are guaranteed a spot.
2. If I arrive after the Saturday of KG, do I get charged for those days?
No. You only pay the per day vending fee of $15 per spot (including HST) for the days you occupy the spot, unless you have requested a specific spot.
3. How does the numbering system work?
That is mainly for the Saturday morning. If there are ten pre-paid, pre-registered vendors on-site Saturday, they will be assigned their spot in order according to number, but they must still be on-site. Vendors are arriving all day Saturday – if you are not there at the beginning of set up and five of you arrive at the same time, back to numbers! (Think of the standard deli counter system.)
4. I am planning on arriving Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Can I guarantee a space if I am pre-paid?
No, but we have not had any issues with spaces so far, although Friday fills up quickly. But every year more vendors are coming.
1. Do I need to pre-register to vend?
You can show up on site without pre-registering, but you will still have to fill out the same paperwork. You MUST have your insurance information with you, if you want to vend.
2. What are the benefits of pre-registering? There are many benefits for you.
- We will be able to have an idea of how many vendors are coming and try to pre-organize spots and get people where they want or next to who they want, as far as possible.
- You will also save time at registration. Hooray!
- Registration will have your assigned location, and you can set up anytime. Anyone not pre-registered will have to await assignment, which is ONLY done between noon and 8 pm.
- You won’t accidentally forget your insurance information. (That would suck!)
1. How much will it be for me to be there from Saturday/ Sunday, etc.?
$15 – per day per 10×10 vending set up
$15 – per personal tent set up pre-KG
$14 –hydro (if you want it)
$160 – KG
2. Can I pay for KG later in the week, after I make some money?
Sorry, no. You must be paid in full before you set up.
3. I want hydro for only a few days, not the whole week? Can I do that?
In theory, yes. In practice, unlikely. Hydro spots go quickly, and we do not hold them. First come, first serve. Check with Aniya.
4. I want hydro for KG only, but not before. Can I do that?
In theory, yes. In practice, unlikely. Hydro spots go quickly, and we do not hold them. First come, first serve. Inquire with Aniya.
5. I am leading a workshop at KG. Can I do it at my booth?
Generally no. Not every guest will know where to find your booth and would be more comfortable at a workshop space, and it won’t bother other vendor and shoppers. Exceptions can be made for certain set-ups but you need to talk to MA about that.