Knoll Message COVID 2021
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions in Ontario, the opening date for Raven’s Knoll Campground is unknown at this time. We continue to monitor the provincial and municipal regulations, and are working with the local health authority to comply with all health measures to ensure the safety of volunteer staff, campers, and the wider community.
We understand the frustrations and the wish to be outside, to return to community, and a sense of normalcy. That time will come, we are sure. This year, we know that the Kaleidoscope Gathering will not be held in-person. It is also unlikely that even smaller gatherings will be allowed. We are hopeful that we will be able to open for limited ‘bubble’, pre-booked camping later in the season. Stay tuned.
So what do we know and what is staff working on? When we open:
- All campers will be required to adhere to the provincial and municipal health guidelines, whatever they may be at the time;
- Raven’s Knoll will have temporary health policies in place, and will modify our regular policies to eliminate communal interaction;
- Camping spaces will be assigned, in consultation, to limit the interactions between groups;
- Capacity will be very limited, so reservations will be first-come-first-served;
- The Rookery, YAG, and dock will not be open for 2021;
- Pixie bikes and children’s toys will be available, but must remain with the camping group until departure, to be returned to the designated area to be cleaned prior to re-use;
- Payment will need to be by Interact or Paypal, in advance;
- Bathrooms will be open for all people on either side, one bubble/family at a time; • Fire pits (whether wood or propane) will be available for rental, only one bubble/family at a time, or as permitted under the provincial/municipal order;
- The situation is dynamic, so processes, rules, and availability may change without prior notice.
If you would like to send a donation to help with maintaining Ravens Knoll during the Covid-19 Shutdown, you can send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org with a comment of Donation.
Raven’s Knoll is a unique campground and event centre located near Eganville, Ontario. This beautiful, natural 100 acre property is located on the Bonnechere River, near Golden Lake. It is the home of events large and small, from events like the Kaleidoscope Gathering to family weddings. Not only is Raven’s Knoll a great laid back place to camp or have your event, but there are many interesting things to do and see in the area. For Rates and registration information.
Raven’s Knoll was established as a home base for the Kaleidoscope Gathering. All profits from both the Kaleidoscope Gathering and Raven’s Knoll are invested directly back into improving Raven’s Knoll and running the property. Both Raven’s Knoll and the Kaleidoscope Gathering could not exist without the hard work and dedication of volunteers.
Facilities: Raven’s Knoll is situated on the Bonnechere Riverfront, with beach swimming and access to both Wilber and Golden Lake. The campground is level and well-drained, with whispering white pines providing shade. A number of buildings provide amenities, such as a comfort station with flush toilets, showers, the Raven Stage, a fry truck ( The YAG – Ye Aulde Grubbe ), as well as a group events building. Pathways run through the properties large forested areas, and communal areas like fire pits have been established. We are still developing and adding to the property.
Directions: The property is just a few minutes outside of Eganville, Ontario, on highway 60 heading towards Algonquin Park. It takes about 1.5 hours to get to Raven’s Knoll from Ottawa, about 4.0 hours from Toronto, and 3.5 hours from Montreal.
Reservations: Our camping season runs from May to September. During this period the campground will be closed to the public for a few particular scheduled events, but for the most part is freely open to camping. So please contact us early to preregister your group camping holiday, event, or family vacation. You will find our rates extremely reasonable.